Sunday, December 2, 2012

Funner

It may finally be in the dictionary, but it still has a bad rep. 
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/funner

Now, at the risk of sounding stupid. Could someone please tell me why "Funner" has such a bad rep?!

"Funner" is a comparative, and comparatives work on adjectives, such as greater, sweeter, greener etc.

 The base word "fun" can be an adjective. Why doesn't it work?

And if "funner" gets jipped, how can we get away with turning an adjective into a verb with the word, "funned"?  As a language pirate, I'm all for it.

I just wish people could tell me if and why "Funner" is grammatically incorrect, and I hope someday, people will take it seriously.

I mean, what sounds better?
 "Life will be funner than a hamster on a wheel" or "Life will be more fun than a wet cat on log?"
If you choose the cat, you're weird. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment